April 26, 2018
Gonvarri Steel Services publishes its 2017 Sustainability Report
• The Report’s structure is founded on Drive, the Management Model, with a roadmap based on four axes: Innovation, Efficiency, People and Sustainability.
• The commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) acquire special relevance, especially those related to road traffic injuries and fatalities reduction (SDG 3.6) and the contribution in the fight against climate change (SDG 7.3).
• The Report stands out the new Code of Ethics and Conduct, as well as various compliance policies approved by the Government Body.
• It shows a sustainable and profitable growth as reflected by the financial results, with revenue of 3,038 million euros, EBITDA amounting up to 210 million euros and a net profit of 99 million euros.
• Referring to shared value creation, “Emotional Driving, the project focused on road safety, stands out along with the various initiative developed during the past exercise.
April 26, 2018.- Gonvarri Steel Services (GSS) publishes its 2017 Sustainability Report with the objective of presenting its balanced and transparent performance to its stakeholders.
This new Report was developed according to Drive, the Management Model, and followed the guidelines established by the GRI Standard of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI-Standars), the Sustainable Development Goals and the result of the Materiality Study.
The commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals acquire special relevance, especially and more actively supporting the following:
• Road traffic injuries and fatalities reduction (SDG 3.6) and availability of safer transport (SDG 11.2)
• Contribution in the fight against climate change and reduction in the energy consumption (SDG 7.3)
• Product and processes improvement through innovation and the use of better technologies (SDG 9.4)
• Training and education especially on those countries with a weaker development, making possible the local employment and a project of future (SDG 4.4).
Furthermore, we have improved the methodology to know our stakeholders’ opinion enhancing an increase of participation in the materiality study.
The second part of the Report refers to Drive, the Management Model, and to information about the balance for the 2017 exercise, the risk management and the supplying chain.
• Drive Sustainability: summarizes the main initiatives of Emotional Driving Project, to mention some, the new catalogue and several actions focused on its stakeholders: employees “Our drivers”, youngsters “Drivers of the future” and youngsters “Motivated drivers”.
In addition, it gathers our contribution to fight against the climate change through energy efficiency projects and, indirectly, through our solar structure business line avoiding the emission of 222,842 tons of CO2/year in the past exercise.
• Drive Innovation: summarizes the new Innovation Model, more agile and flexible, standing out, among others, innovation initiatives focused on new products, on-going processes and technological improvements through Gonvarri 4.0 project.
• Drive People: collect the most relevant information related to our professionals: number of employees (by gender, category and age), rotation (hires and leaves), diversity, mobility, performance evaluation, training, and so on. Furthermore, it collects all the main projects related to training, diversity, sports and occupational health.
• Drive Efficiency: summarizes the main initiatives on the implementation and development of the Integrated Management System and all 16 key processes defined by the company, as well as the procedures and control measurements focused on the minimization of potential risks and incidents.
Gonvarri Steel Services has 41 factories in the Steel transformation sector for automotive, road safety, material handling and solar energy in 17 countries and reached a revenue of 3,000 million euros in 2017.